A short description for each video…
1. Actimel: cleaning staff are given a new product to use. Their health and safety is at risk because they don’t understand the very limited information they are given.
2. Darling: a new employee discovers that the supervisor will not use her proper name. She feels disrespected.
3. Packing: there is tension between a new migrant worker and an established local worker about how fast to work. The trade union representative does not want divisions between workers.
4. Toothbrush: a misunderstanding between a hotel guest and a housekeeper means she may lose her job.
5. Join the union: Why? Why not? A group of workers discuss reasons for joining or not joining a union.
6. The union clinic: individual members who are migrant workers bring their problems to branch official. When he asks the full-time official if the union can help, it is clear that union policies mean that this is unlikely.
Working Conversations? Language in the Workplace
The videos may be viewed on the YouTube channel.
MultiLing video – English transcript
France: the MultiLing video project
Germany: the MultiLing video project
Hungary: the MultiLing video project
Italy: the MultiLing video project
Spain: the MultiLing video project